Monday, August 15, 2011

A New Thing

Hello friends,
Wow! I cannot believe it's been this long since the last post. It's still hard to get over how vapor-like time is. So much has happened since the last post, but in every ounce of it, the Lord has continued to show just how faithful He is.
     I don't know why, but I always seem to get so apprehensive before blogging or even writing in my journal. For a while, I've tried to figure out why this is, and I think a small ray of light has just recently shown some of the answer. Besides the fact that I certainly don't consider myself a writer (and to all you grammar lovers and gurus, please forgive me for any faux pas in this posting), I honestly believe it comes down to the fear of being open and vulnerable--transparent. When I write, I no longer have the ability to hide from what is coming out. It can be a little painful at the start, but in some way, shape, or form, I always feel so much better after all is said and done. Do you all feel that way too?
      Ok, let's get started! The impression came so strongly upon me tonight as I was having a little quiet time to write a note of encouragement to whoever may be reading this. We live in such a dark and chaotic world where there seems to be just a relentless barrage of arrows (so to speak) thrown at us continually trying to suck us dry of energy and life, but very little nourishment. Well, it's time to be 'nourished' my friends! Our Heavenly Father is so very aware of everything that we have been through, are currently going through, and will go through in the future, and He is preparing for us His perfect way. On the way though, He gives us food!
     In the continued theme of being completely transparent (don't worry, I'm coming right back around to the encouragement), one of the greatest issues that I have dealt with lately has been an intense battle for my health. Ultimately, I know that the Lord is in complete control, but I'd be lying if I said that it hasn't been a difficult road thus far. There have been so many times where the temptation to just give up has crept in, and the feeling of having nothing left to give has shown it's face. But, there is something to be said for letting the Lord take you to the end of yourself, where in you, there is nothing  left and you are empty. At this place, the Lord can take over since He is now left with room to fill you with Himself. It is in these moments that are seemingly the hardest where we feel broken and shattered that our wonderful Father can show us how He is doing a new thing! He is fixing us. It's a refining fire to get out the all of the nasty filth and gunk in our lives that we may not even know is present, and draw us closer to Him. 
      Friends, there were many things that tightly gripped my attention before the onslaught of health issues came and at some point in time, they had all become distractions interfering with my walk with the Father. My priorities were not in order, and God will not share His throne with any body or thing. He alone is God and He alone deserves that top tier place in our lives. It's when your life is stripped of these other things that you realize that you can survive without them, but not Him. He is all we really have, and that's because He has so lovingly given Himself to us. He is everything, and if we don't know Him, we have nothing. 
     So, here is where the encouragement comes in--straight from the Word.

-John 1:12
"Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God"

-Matthew 5:3-12
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."
  
-Ephesians 2:8-10
"For it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
  
-Psalm 55:22
"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall."  

I know I may seem a little 'all over the place', but I'm going to try and sum it up simply here:
• Make Him your number one priority.
• Please take our Father's precious Words as your sustenance. Let His truth bloom within you as you meditate on the fullness of His Words.
• If you feel broken, let Him put together all of your pieces because He wants to do such a mighty work in and through you. Though the circumstances may be hard and your world may be spinning out of orbit, but cling on to Jesus as tightly as you possibly can. He can be trusted.  
• Don't give up on His gift of life! If you're still alive and breathing, God's will for your life on this earth has not been fully accomplished yet. He can always use you!
• Give God the chance to do a new thing in you. It may not be easy, but after all, He is all we need and He is worth it. ...And if nothing else, He deserves it.

Be encouraged my friend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment